Would you like to join an inspiring company that is developing for a sustainable future?
We are looking for Graduates to support Nordea’s regulatory compliance matters. This is an opportunity for you to become part of an international team that solve tasks and participates in projects across the Nordics.
Compliance and integrity go hand in hand. It’s all about making sure that we’re a trusted partner to both our customers and society – the foundation for great customer experiences.
That’s where you come in. Working with us, you’ll help ensure that compliance underpins every decision we make and every action we take.
Together, we are passionate about building a bank that makes a difference – one where you can learn and grow. Will you help us lead the way in embedding compliance to transform the future of banking?
The Nordea Graduate Programme is designed to provide you as a selected and talented university graduate a unique opportunity to kick-start you career by learning and developing professionally and personally while building a valuable global network. Learn more about the programme.
Your future responsibilities
As a Graduate in Nordea, you will be taking ownership of your contribution, growth and enjoyment while Nordea will empower you to continuously explore, learn and adapt.
You’ll join one of these teams:
1.) Governance and Country Compliance Oversight in Group Compliance, Stockholm, where we work across the business areas to coordinate country compliance matters in our Nordic processes to ensure compliance with relevant regulations in the Nordic countries.
2.) Nordea Life and Pensions Compliance unit, Stockholm, where you will be working with a wide variety of tasks. Primarily you will be identifying, minimising and evaluating compliance risks, as well as engaging in dialogue with the business concerning the handling of these. This includes the development and preparation of monitoring and investigations, giving advice and reporting.
3.) Wealth Management Banking, Copenhagen where we give proactive advice and constructive challenge across the Nordics, focusing on investment services, digital offerings and Private Banking customers.
4.) Asset Management Compliance, Copenhagen where we help to protect the business by ensuring that the organisation understands laws and regulations of the financial markets, properly implements and observes relevant regulation and that relevant risks and considerations are addressed in product development and daily business operations.
5) Group Functions Compliance, any of the Nordic capitals, where we are responsible for Compliance Risk Appetite Framework, Compliance Risk Identification and Assessment, Compliance Planning and Compliance Management Information to the Group Executive Management and Group Board.
In this Graduate position you’ll work with:
- Participate in regulatory risk assessments, assurance activities, training planning of compliance activities
- Draft reports and presentations on compliance matters
- Conduct regulatory analyses on specific regulatory areas
- Form part of establishing processes and ways of working for the unit
- Monitoring of controls and activities
- Follow-up on internal and external regulation
- Support the Country Compliance Officers for Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland in their tasks
These roles are based in Stockholm and Copenhagen or any of the Nordic capitals.
Welcome to a strong, international team with colleagues who have widespread contact with stakeholders across the bank, working in a dynamic, diverse, business-aware and customer-centric Compliance team.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the four key values that guide us in being at our best. We imagine that you enjoy learning and are excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re dependable, willing to speak up – even when it’s difficult – and committed to empowering others.
Your profile and background:
- A Master’s degree
- A maximum of two years’ post-academic work experience
- Excellent English language skills
- A keen interest in learning about financial regulation and compliance risk management in the financial industry
- Team player with a capability to work independently
- A sense of humor and curiosity
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
At nordea.com, you can read more about us, our business and our focus on integrating sustainability into everything we do.
You can only apply for maximum three Graduate positions.
To become a Graduate in Nordea, you’ll need to pass three ability tests; numerical, verbal and inductive.
At Nordea, we recruit from the widest possible pool and hire the best person for the job. Because diversity makes us stronger. And once you are on board, you will find that we offer equal opportunities to everyone.
Great people often know great people – please share if you have a friend who could be a perfect match for this job.
Please submit your application in English including a CV, no later than 13.01.2019.
For more information about the position, please contact:
- Wealth Management Banking, Copenhagen: Johanna Bach-Frommer, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Life and Pensions Compliance, Stockholm: Heléne Lundstedt, email@example.com
- Governance and Country Compliance Oversight, Stockholm: Mathilda Berglin, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Asset Management Compliance, Copenhagen: Fredrik Lundberg, email@example.com
- Marie Leth Christensen,Group Functions Compliance, any of the Nordic capitals, firstname.lastname@example.org
To all recruitment agencies: Please note, we don’t accept unsolicited resumes for any of our positions. All contact regarding agency resumes should be directed to Nordea Talent Acquisition which handles everything related to recruitment.