About the Department
Imagine being a part of a team committed to helping people defeat diabetes and other serious chronic conditions. Here at Novo Nordisk, we seek out opportunities to contribute to healthier communities and better lives for all people. And, that’s what you’ll gain by joining Novo Nordisk’s People & Organization team. Our P&O team is passionate about their purpose – enabling business success the Novo Nordisk Way by turning the Company’s business strategy into an actionable workforce strategy. A strategy which captures the entire employee life-cycle. At Novo Nordisk, you will join an inclusive team of diverse talent and benefit from a range of possibilities for professional and personal development. Are you ready?
The US People & Organization Graduate Programme’s objective is to strengthen the talent pipeline by attracting, recruiting, and developing recent post-graduate talents who have the potential to grow into managing leaders throughout the organization in the future.
This specific role will be a Human Resource Leadership Rotation, rotating through various areas of the HR (DEIB, Learning and Leadership Development, Talent Management, HR Operations, etc). Graduates will be included in and drive national and global projects and gain the necessary professional and personal skills to be successfully equipped for full time employment at Novo Nordisk.
Reports formally into the program manager/director within Talent Management, Novo Nordisk Inc. (NNI) Employee Experience. The graduate will have a host manager appointed by the department where the graduate is positioned. This daily contact will provide the foundation to train the graduate in the processes and responsibilities of the department according to the overall objective of the graduate program.
All graduates will meet on a monthly/bi-monthly basis with the Program Manager within the NNI Talent Management Team.
Graduates will interact across the HR/People organization. The graduate will have opportunity to work on projects and different areas, get involved in the company´s initiatives and activities, learn from different environments and work cross-functionally.
This role does not have any direct or indirect reports.
- Graduates will complete three rotations in 2 years, including one global rotation. Each rotation has a length of 6-8 months. Rotations projects will come from functions within the HR/People Organization. Assignments will be based on demands of the business and background the graduate. Each rotation will have customized goals/objectives and support the program’s overall objective:
- To attract, develop, and retain outstanding talents by offering the opportunity to gain in-depth understanding of how to solve complex problems in an international pharmaceutical company such as Novo Nordisk
- These responsibilities concern all graduates
- To take part in projects of the daily department and to ideally become responsible for certain elements of these projects
- To contribute to the development of well-thought-out solutions
- To be critical and constructive in relation to the projects in which the graduates participate
- To plan and take part in graduate activities such as site visits, ‘meet the customers’ events, and other skill training activities
- To contribute to the development and improvement of the NNI Graduate Program
- To facilitate knowledge-sharing among current graduates, also from other graduate program tracks within Novo Nordisk
- To facilitate and contribute to the development of a network amongst and beyond graduates.
- To live by the Novo Nordisk Way values and incorporate this in all action
Incumbents will spend 1/3 of the graduate program in an international assignment.
- Education Level: Master’s Degree or higher in Relevant Field (i.e. degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Business Management) required
- Experience Level:
- No more than 12-18 months post-graduate from program; 1-2 years of relevant work experience required at the time of application
- Technical Skills:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint): required
- Academic Skill:
- Documented GPA of 3.5 or higher required
- Additional Skills
- Ability to approach tasks and situations with a global mindset preferred. Ability to adapt to change required
- Team player attitude required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Driven and eager to learn
If you meet the criteria and are interested in joining the programme, please make sure to submit your application no later than 14 December 2023 GMT+1.
Important: Prepare this before you apply
Before clicking the apply button please ensure you have uploaded your CV, and motivational letter in English. The motivational letter should be uploaded where the system indicates to upload your cover letter.
In the motivational letter, we expect to learn more about your motivation for wanting to join Novo Nordisk and the Graduate Programme, as well as your personal and professional competencies. Hence, make sure you include:
• Your motivation – why do you want to join the pharmaceutical industry, Novo Nordisk, and the Graduate Program?
• Your expectations – what are your expectations of the graduate program and how will the program support your career aspirations?
• Your fit – which personal and professional competences makes you a great fit for the program? List 3 personal competences and explain how you will use them to succeed on the program.
More information about the Graduate Programme
If you want a general introduction to the Novo Nordisk Graduate Programme, please visit the Novo Nordisk Careers website.
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.