WHO YOU’LL WORK WITH
You will be based in our Copenhagen office as part of our McKinsey Digital practice.
Digital McKinsey brings together the best of McKinsey’s digital capabilities to help our clients use digital technology to transform their businesses. As part of this group, you’ll join a global team working on everything from IT modernization and digital strategy to agile, cloud and digital business building.
You’ll have the opportunity to work on projects across all industries and functions and will be fully integrated with the rest of our global firm, but have a focus on our more advanced projects in terms of analytics and digitalization. You’ll also work with colleagues from across McKinsey & Company, frequently in teams together with our data scientists and data engineers, to help our clients deliver breakthrough products, experiences, and businesses, primarily on technology topics but also non-technology topics.
Our office culture is casual, fun and social, with an emphasis on education and innovation. We have the freedom to try new ideas, experiment and are expected to be constantly learning and growing. There is also a strong emphasis on mentoring others in the group, enabling them to grow and learn.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
You’ll work in teams of typically 3-5 consultants including data scientists and data engineers, playing an active role in all aspects of client engagement.
Your responsibilities will include gathering and analyzing information, formulating and testing hypotheses, and developing and communicating recommendations. You’ll also have the opportunity to present results to client management and implement recommendations in collaboration with client team members.
You will receive exceptional training as well as frequent coaching and mentoring from colleagues on your teams. This support includes a partner from your local office or practice assigned to you to help guide your career as well as more formal training in your first few years. Additionally, you’ll receive guidance and support from your local office and practice in the selection of client projects, helping you to develop your skills and build your network.
Your role differs from our regular consultant position in that you will be taking a hybrid role of both a management consultant and a data scientist. This means you will work on projects focused on analytics and leveraging programming to conduct more advanced analyses.
- Degree in a technical subject such as computer science, engineering, IT, hard sciences or mathematics; advanced degree is a plus
- Programming experience in either Python or R
- Outstanding records of academic and managerial or professional achievement
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Strong record of leadership in an academic, professional or extracurricular setting
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing – in English; fluency in the local language is a plus
- Willingness to travel
Application deadline Ongoing
Starting date Ongoing