Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. We believe we should each find meaning in our work and we ensure employees have the freedom and the reach to help make a difference in the world.
We are looking for candidates that have the following qualities:
- Team Player: driving digital transformation with our customers is a team sport. We need teammates who can stay focused on our customers’ satisfaction while operating in a highly-collaborative and global organization. Growth Mindset: your life is truly about learning-it-all. You approach every new piece of information, knowledge, and competency with curiosity. Ultimately, you’re open to the ideas of others, where the success of others does not diminish your own.
- Customer Obsessed: you learn about your customers and their businesses with a beginner’s mind and then bring solutions that meet their needs.
- Diverse & Inclusive: You don’t just value differences, you seek them out and invite them in.
Applications to these opportunities are considered for all available Technical Consulting roles including the ones described below, depending on education level and/or location. To be considered as a student or recent graduate, you should be within 12 months of graduation or graduated within the last 12 months.
Roles will be due to start in September 2021.
Customer Success is a growing organization and the purpose of the Customer Success Unit is to guide our customers to better deploy, adopt, and gain long-term business value from their investment in Microsoft. In turn, their successes will ensure we grow our Azure consumption. Ultimately, when customers are successful, we are successful.
We are looking for highly motivated and passionate students with a strong technical background to drive high priority customer initiatives on the Microsoft Azure Platform in collaboration with customers and the Microsoft field in the strategic accounts segment of our business. This is a customer facing role, owning overall technical relationship between the customer and the Microsoft Azure Platform.
The CSU focuses on 4 solution areas:
- Migrating Data to Azure
- Migrating Infrastructure to Azure
- Modernizing traditional apps
- Artificial Intelligence
Key responsibilities include:
- Understand customer’s overall IT estate, their business priorities and success measures to design implementation architectures and solutions (Microsoft and 3rd party solutions)
- Apply technical knowledge and customer insights to create architect solutions to meet business and IT needs, ensuring technical viability of new projects and successful deployments, orchestrating key resources and infusing key data technologies
- Develop deep relationships with key customer IT decision makers, who drive long-term cloud adoption within their company to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Maintain and advance deep technical skills and knowledge, keeping up to date with market trends and competitive insights, and share within the technical community
- Be a Voice of Customer to share insights and best practices, connect with Engineering team to remove key blockers
- Be an Azure Platform evangelist with customers, partners and external communities
- Assess the Customers’ knowledge of Azure platform and overall cloud readiness to support customers through a structured learning plan and ensure its delivery through partners
- Technical degree: in Computer Science or adjacent fields (e.g. data science, computer engineering, informatics etc.)
- Breadth of technical experience and knowledge as well as depth. Experience could be based in internships or even working on personal projects. Applicant should feel confident in one or two of the items from one of the following specialties:
- App Dev: web app and API development, cloud design patterns, PaaS, server-less, DevOps, Java, .NET
- Infrastructure: firewalls, encryption, security, virtual networks, virtual machines, containers, PowerShell, Windows Server, Linux, storage
- Data: database design, SQL and NoSQL, big data, data governance, data science, ETL, data mining, business intelligence, Python, Power BI, SQL Analysis Services
- Ability to build deep technical relationships, work collaboratively, resolving conflicts and persuading others through exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences (both technical and business audiences)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.