ECCO Leather, as part of the ECCO Group, is looking for an ambitious NextGen for a Leather Production, Product Development career track to end their programme in the Netherlands. ECCO Leather Group has its head office in the Netherlands, and tanneries in the Netherlands, China, Thailand and Indonesia. We are proud to carry out a traditional craft using modern techniques in our state of the art facilities.
We offer you an optimum blend of knowledge, skills, hands-on experiences in production management, product development, manufacturing processes, on top of business and commercial insight to accelerate your development in leather production.
Your main focus will be leather product development, joining our skilled experts on our exciting journey to create new leathers, to push the boundaries on can be done in leather innovation, ensuring the continued growth and success of ECCO Leather Group. You will be given the opportunity to work on the closely with leather designers and our sales team to develop market leading leathers to supply our shoe production units and to our customer portfolio of premium brands. You will work on the production floor, with production teams, within technical areas and physical operations used throughout the leather tanning process.
Qualifications and Work Experience:
- A background in leather making is essential, or having had exposure to materials development as part of your education
- Technical and analytical focused
- Quality oriented and results driven with proven problem solving skills
- Ambitious and hard-working with an eye for detail
- Comfortable with communicating across cultures and with various key stakeholders and decision makers
- You thrive on challenges; enjoy having many things to do at the same time and working in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment in an autonomous role
- Global mind-set and willingness to travel not only as part of the programme but be globally mobile beyond the programme, as further career opportunities within ECCO may require being based internationally
- Knowledge of other languages on top of English language is a distinct advantage
Come walk the world with us! During the 3-year NextGen Programme, you will experience the ECCO value chain; introduction to our headquarters, Leather Crash Course, exposure to ECCO retail and experience one of our production units and various job rotations around the world; all of this aims to develop your skills and support your career development, preparing you for a position as a valued member of the ECCO team. ECCO people have a passion for what they do and a drive to achieve the very best. This passion and drive are what characterise ECCO and what makes us a successful global company. At ECCO, we invest in our people. Our ambition is to be a highly attractive workplace, providing employees with ongoing opportunities for professional training and development, constant challenges and internal mobility in a global network. With about 20,000 employees from over 50 nationalities, you are offered a global position with a genuine multinational business that encompasses a rich mix of cultures, languages and backgrounds. NextGens have over the years proven to be a primary source for our leadership succession.