Do you want to fast-track your personal development and grow your talent?
THE CARLSBERG GRADUATE PROGRAMMES
The Carlsberg Graduate Programmes are all 2-year programmes with a steep learning curve and lots of exciting projects and tasks. You will be based in our beautiful new office in Copenhagen and be taken through three job rotations during the programme. Some of our programmes offers a rotation abroad.
In Denmark we offer the following programmes:
- International Commercial Graduate, Carlsberg Group Headquarter
- Digital Graduate, Carlsberg Group Headquarter
- Finance Graduate, Carlsberg Group Headquarter
- Supply Chain Graduate, Carlsberg Denmark
- Commercial Graduate, Carlsberg Denmark
You can learn much more about being a Carlsberg Graduate at our career site and watch videos of our current Graduates sharing their experiences and good advices for future Carlsberg Graduates.
Join our Finance Graduate programme
Based in Group Finance, in the Central Office (HQ) of the Carlsberg Group in Copenhagen, the programme takes the graduate through the different operations within a multinational finance function. You will be exposed to Accounting, Consolidation, Financial planning and Management reporting. During the first two rotations in Group Finance, you will be working cross-regions and markets. The third rotation will be in in a group-wide project or in market outside the Central Office. Rotations will typically include the following:
- Financial Planning & Analysis rotation: In the controlling rotation you will, among others, support the team in creating, analyzing and commenting on the financial reports (for Carlsberg’s Executive Committee). You will get the opportunity of working directly with senior management, both on a recurring basis, as well as for ad hoc finance projects. In addition, the finance graduate will drive the financial and business controlling of the Carlsberg Group’s non-commercial companies. Finally, the finance graduate will be involved in projects and assignments directly related to the objectives of Group Finance.
- Consolidation rotation : In the Consolidation rotation, you will be part of Group Consolidation, where you will get knowledge in the Group’s financial consolidation system and processes. You will get a deep dive into accounting practices, through ensuring the company’s financials are ready for internal and external use. Moreover, you will constantly communicate with subsidiaries, regions and other functions in headquarters during the consolidation process. Finally, you will be exposed to and participate in the Annual Report process, requiring cooperation with Auditors and preparation of financial statements.
- Project rotation: Typically, the project rotation is through participation in a group-wide project or with one of the markets outside Denmark where you will be responsible for implementing a specific project or supporting a subsidiary with local finance operations. This rotation offers the opportunity to utilize the skills acquired during the program, and to contribute to the running of the local business. This rotation is developed together with the graduate depending on actual finance projects and possibilities, ideally in a local market.
What we’re looking for in our future Finance Graduates
As a person one of your most remarkable characteristics is your passion and your continuous strive for results. You are a strong communicator with great presentation skills. You know how to communicate complicated financial information in a simple and understandable way to stakeholders both inside and outside Finance. Even when things get tough, you stay focused, positive and proactive. Changing situations and requirements does not shake you. You have excellent analytical skills and a structured approach to your work, and you master working in Microsoft Excel at a high level.
All of the above you combine with a “can do” attitude and focus on succeeding together with others.
It’s a requirement for all our global programmes that you:
- Have a relevant master’s degree (or will obtain it this Summer)
- Speak and write English at a high level
- Have relevant working experience incl. student jobs
What you can expect from the Programme
We’re expecting a lot, but we will give you just as much (and then some) in return. You can expect that you will:
- Gain a solid understanding of Finance processes in Carlsberg
- Expand your toolbox of core Finance capabilities
- Grow both professionally and personally
- Be exposed to different environment both culturally and functionally
- Be given a lot of freedom and responsibility
- Experience many different aspects of the Carlsberg Group and its culture
- Be assigned a mentor and buddy
- Be offered great opportunities to network both within your function, with the other graduates and across the organisation
Learn more about the finance programme and meet some of our current Finance Graduates here .
How to apply and what to expect in the application process
This year we are introducing a more virtual recruitment set-up due to COVID-19. We have worked hard the past months to set up a hire process that gives all applicants a safe and fair experience applying with us. Below you can get an idea about the steps that you will go through and the overall timeframe.
Step 1 – Applying
Once you have found the right programme for you the first step is to start your application.
- Contact info
- Online screening questions and some light assessments of your understanding of the role, your personality profile incl. emotional intelligence and decision-making style
- Upload of your documents (we expect you to include minimum your CV, motivational letter and transcript of your latest grades)
Deadline for applying is Sunday the 7th of February 2021 . It is a prerequisite that you apply through Softfactor and all required documents are uploaded, as well as all assessments completed.
All applicants receive a feedback report after applying. We hope this will be inspirational for your future development no matter the outcome of the application process.
Step 2 – Online Assessment
We will review all candidates and come back to you at the latest on Monday the 1st of March to let you know if you have been selected to go further in the hire process.
Selected candidates will be invited to do a thorough online assessment which amongst others include a business case, conflict assessment and assessment of your communication style. It takes approximately 1 hour to fill out all assessments. You should do these as soon as possible when you receive them. The exact deadline will be communicated to you together with the invitation, but we currently expect that you will have until the 7th of March.
Step 3 – Interviewing & signing
Successful candidates from the assessment step will receive an invitation for an online interview no later than the 22nd of March . Interviews will be conducted from invite is send out until mid-April.
Details about the interview will be communicated together with the invitation.
Candidates who are not invited for an interview will be notified by email.
Based on the interview and all past results in the hire process our preferred candidates will proceed to a 2nd interview, which we hope to be able to do in person.
Following this interview round there will be a final 3rd interview for the top candidates with an Executive VP or other senior stakeholder within the function, before you potentially are offered a contract. We expect to have signed with all our future Graduates at the end of April .
If its’s you we end up signing with, we look very much forward to welcome you on your first day on 1st of September 2021.
We kindly ask you to take an extra look at the job ad or visit our career site for questions. If, however there is something we’ve missed that you need to know before being able to apply with us you are welcome to reach out. For questions particular about the Finance Graduate Programme please contact HR Director Mette Hansson at Mette.Hansson@Carlsberg.com For general questions about the Graduate programmes or questions about the application process please contact Talent Acquisition Specialist Stine Fenn at Stine.Fenn@Carlsberg.com
We look forward to getting to know you!