Do you want to be part of Nordea, where one of our key priorities is to create great customer experiences?
We are now looking for graduates to Business Banking, where you’ll be part of creating the future of banking. Take a sneak peek here and look how graduate life looks like in Nordea.
The graduate programme is designed to kickstart your career. The programme is for 2 years and you’ll have rotations during that time with clear learning objectives to support your growth. You’ll be connected to several people, that will give you sparring, guidance and support throughout the whole programme. You’ll also be offered mentoring, to ensure your personal and professional growth.
You will enter a focused customer track where you get introduced to all Nordea’s customer segments and the range of products and services provided to our customers.
About this opportunity
Welcome to Business Banking, with us , you’ll take part in supporting individuals, families, small start-ups, big companies and institutions. You’ll find that our choices – big or small – really matter. And your skills, passion for customers and unique background are what we need to provide the financial solutions of tomorrow. With us, you’ll be in good company with plenty of opportunities to grow and make your mark on something bigger.
Business Banking serves, advises and partners with corporate customers, covering all their business needs through a full range of services, including payments, cash management, cards, working capital management and finance solutions.
What you’ll be doing:
You will rotate between different units where learning and growth define the strategically important tasks and projects you´ll be responsible for and/or participate in – examples could be:
- Work with stakeholders across Nordea to secure profitability and sustained growth, by optimising business results and customer satisfaction
- Lead projects with the aim of improving processes and service offerings
- Design B2B service concepts based on customer insights and data analysis
- Support business decisions, product and service development and marketing by delivering customer insight analytics
- Support Product Managers with product management activities such as creating marketing material, internal communication, profit and loss monitoring, and writing product roadmaps and strategy
Furthermore we can promise that you’ll work together with dynamic, professional and passionate people!
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the values that guide us in being at our best – and that we imagine you share with us.
We’re creating an agile environment where we experiment and grow together – and we need your ideas and unique background.
To succeed in this role, we believe that you:
- Have a proactive and commercial attitude with a positive and goal-oriented mind-set
- Participate actively in the graduate programme activities to gain adequate business knowledge, personal growth and develop great employee ship.
- Continuously develop personal competence, professional skills and seek opportunities to unfold personal potential in order to grow both personally and professionally
- Seek learning opportunities and stretch assignments to support the development of own potential and an ability to take responsibility at an early stage.
- Have a passion for the corporate market, entrepreneurship and creating the best solutions for our customers to succeed in their journey
- Contribute actively within area of responsibility in creating great customer experiences
- Act based on thorough understanding of own value chain and thereby contribute to business results
- Proactively take part in building up and expanding own network across the organisation to enhance the One Nordea team-mindset
- Have analytical skills and ability to work both independently and as a part of a team
To be a qualified candidate for the Graduate positions, you have:
- Master’s degree (latest 1st September 2021)
- A maximum of two years’ post-academic work experience
- Excellent English language skills
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Please submit your application no later than 8 December 2020, including CV and academic degrees.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact Leena Latvala, email@example.com.
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.