IBM is building the platform for future digital transformation, solving world problems with insight and technology – and we need your help!
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world. Join the forward-thinking teams at IBM solving some of the world’s most complex problems – there is no better place to grow your career!
Here’s where you come in. We’re looking for passionate, original thinkers to join us as part of our Technology Graduate Program.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a graduate, you’ll be a part of our client-facing teams helping businesses change the way they work. Technology Graduate program offers you a full time permanent position starting in 2022 (Spring/Autumn), based in Oslo/Stockholm/Helsinki/Copenhagen. The program length is set to 18 months with vast career opportunities following graduation – we will help you to kick-off your career in tech!
As a Technology Graduate you will start your journey towards becoming a technical expert and advisor to some of the most influential organisations in the Nordic countries. You’ll learn to understand business requirements and technical capabilities, and you will learn how to combine the two to synergize and create outstanding outcomes for our customers and partners.
Together with the sales team, you will apply business insights, build, and maintain client relationships, incorporate hardware, software and services into client-valued solutions and ensure client readiness for the implementation and operation of technical solutions. By joining the Technology Graduate program you will be able to develop your career in IBM Technologies such as Cloud, Data, AI, cognitive applications, Security, as well as the world’s most powerful computing platforms, like Mainframes and POWER-based Cognitive Systems.
In this program, you will…
- Drive client value and client satisfaction by using your technical expertise to address client business challenges
- Be supported by a network of fellow graduates across the Nordic, experienced professionals, mentors, and global communities.
- Get access to the latest training, tools and technology including certifications tailored to your role.
- Work in diverse teams that champion inclusion and a culture of giving back.
Some of the essential components of the program:
- Introduction to selling through IBM’s Global Sales School – specifically tailored to technical sellers
- Agile Thinking
- Enterprise Design
- Architectural Framework
- Client engagement throughout the program
We encourage you to apply if you…
- Are in your final year of tertiary education OR have graduated from a university no earlier than 2020
- Have less than 2 years relevant full-time work experience
- Are fluent in one or more of the Nordic languages and English
- Are curious about technology and want to learn more!
Please leave your application with CV highlighting your skills and ambitions, we want to learn more about you and what you hope to gain from this opportunity. Remember to let us know when you’d be able to join the program. We will start reviewing applications immediately and will run the first interviews in November already. Should you have any questions, you can contact Tiina Vartiainen, Talent Acquisition Partner (firstname.lastname@example.org). We look forward to receiving your application!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At IBM we are interested in candidates who have a passion for technology. For our technical roles the following degrees are well-aligned: Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, other degrees with a technical focus.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team, as well as working independently when required.
- Motivation to accomplish sales and business objectives
- Empathy and skills to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction
- Capacity to grasp and communicate technical details
- A growth mindset, and commitment to continuous learning and personal development.
- Ability to thrive in an ever changing, technology-based environment.
About Business Unit
IBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company’s Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM’s global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients’ growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.