Are you ready to make your mark on the digitalization of the future and contribute to developing cutting-edge technology that improves the lives of millions of people? Our world is IT and technology, and we love it! If you share the same passion, then KMD might be the place to kickstart your career! Join our graduate program at the beginning of September 2022.
KMD Graduate Program 2022
The KMD Graduate Program is a customized and structured program for professional development and learning. The graduate program is here to develop and grow some of KMD’s future talented specialists and leaders by providing a framework for accelerated career development.
“Through the graduate program I have been given the opportunity to work on a large-scale project. It has been a steep learning curve and my colleagues have been a key support making my entry to KMD a success.” – Andreas Hald, Graduate Developer, 2021.
As a graduate in KMD, you hold a business-critical position throughout the 18-month-long program. You are exposed to real life IT and business problems, and you work hands-on to create solutions, solve issues and collaborate with a variety of people, both externally and internally.
The KMD Graduate Program 2022 is divided into two tracks: IT Consulting & Development and Business Development. If you are curious about the Business Development track, you can read more about it here.
The IT Consulting & Development track
In the IT Consulting and Development track you will work with KMD’s core business – with the development and implementation of IT solutions. KMD and our subsidiaries deliver over 400 IT products, and depending on what role you will fill, your job will either be to improve one of these products, the way we work with it, or to secure the quality of the delivery to our customers.
Because the track covers the process of IT development from the initial phase to implementation, the track consists of different roles such as:
- Software or BI Developer (e.g., .Net, C#, Python)
- IT Consultant (e.g., SAP, ERP)
- Release Manager
- Scrum Master
- Project or Delivery Manager
Whether you are a curious junior developer with a motivation to learn and keep updated on all the newest technologies, an ambitious consultant with a clear customer focus, or a future project manager eager to test how your skills and experience can create real value for the business and society – this track is for you.
If you want to learn more about the program and the differences between the roles, check out our Graduate site here.
What’s in it for you?
The graduate program is an excellent opportunity to move out of your comfort zone and fast-track your personal and professional development. This is ensured through different elements of the graduate program:
- Skills and knowledge: In your specific job you will hold a business-critical position where you will acquire a vast technical skill set and develop a profound knowledge within your area.
- Development and support: You will follow a structured development program tailored by your manager to ensure your satisfaction and personal growth. You will be assigned a mentor and a buddy, who will support your development, introduce you to the KMD culture and ensure that you get the necessary training and introduction to the department.
- Fun and networking: You will be part of an engaged graduate community where we have fun, and where you get a great opportunity to network with your peers and get a better understanding of the KMD organization.
- Flexibility: In KMD, we believe in flexible working conditions, and our employees are given the opportunity for remote work and flexible work hours where it makes sense.
- The first step in your career: You will be offered a permanent position within your field once you have completed the program.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for talented and ambitious candidates with a degree within IT, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or another relevant field of study. To be considered for the program you must have graduated between the summer of 2020 and September 2022.
If you are a future IT Consulting & Development Graduate, you will be able to identify with the following:
- You are passionate and curious about technology
- You aim for the best solution while presenting a high level of interest, engagement, and enthusiasm
- You work to challenge the status quo by generating new ideas and solutions
- You have great communication skills in both English and Danish
Relevant skills and experience within your field will also be considered. E.g., if you are looking to work within IT development, it’s a plus if you have experience within code development in at least one programming language, such as .Net, C# or Java.
The hiring process
Application: Apply by filling in the application form, and uploading your CV, motivational letter, and certificates (including your grades). If you have not yet finished your education, please upload your latest grades.
Deadline: January 30th, 2022.
Matching: After the application deadline, we will match you with the position in the track, that we believe is the best fit for your profile. The match is based on the information you give us in your application, and it is therefore important that you make it clear to us which areas within IT Consulting & Development that you are most interested in and what experience you have in the field.
Case Days and interviews: We will invite the best qualified candidates to participate in KMD’s virtual case days (between week 10-12). Please be aware that taking part in one of the case days is a mandatory part of the recruitment process. In the process, you will also be asked to conduct a cognitive assessment. After the case days, second interviews will be conducted before the final decisions are made.
KMD is one of Denmark’s largest software companies and a leading supplier of mission-critical software solutions and IT services primarily to Denmark’s public sector but with a growing footprint in the private sector and in the Nordics. We have played a key role in digitizing Denmark for almost half a century.
KMD is owned by the Japanese NEC Corporation and is a dynamic private business with approximately 3200 employees across Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Poland. Among KMD’s subsidiaries are BanqSoft, Edlund and Charlie Tango.