BNP Paribas is a leading global bank employing 190,000 across 65 countries. CIB is the investment banking division of BNP Paribas focused on providing our corporate and institutional clients with capital markets, securities services, financing, transaction banking, treasury and advisory solutions as well as M&A and strategic advisory. BNPP is a leading bank within ESG with the objective to embed Sustainable Finance in the normal course of business.
The Nordic Region is a clear strategic priority for BNP Paribas as part of its 2025 Growth Plan. The Group has made and will continue to make investments to strengthen its teams across every business line in the region. With around 900 staff across CIB, Personal Finance, Factor, Arval, Leasing Solutions, Exane BNPP, Asset Management and Cardif, BNP Paribas is the international bank with the largest footprint in the Nordics.
The Nordic Global Markets department is seeking highly motivated candidates with a firm grasp of the financial markets and a drive to work in a highly dynamic, meritocratic and rewarding workplace for its 2024 Graduate Program at the Global Macro business line:
Global Macro offers the full spectrum of products across FX, Rates and Commodities in both developed and emerging markets, from millisecond electronic trading supported by the most advanced AI platforms, through to long dated, high touch solutions. On the Global Macro Institutional sales desk you will cover institutional clients (banks , pension funds, asset managers as examples) across the product suite that we are offering.
Main duties and responsibilities
The Graduate Programme offers experience across a range of asset classes (FX, Interest Rates and Emerging Markets) covering institutional and/or corporate clients. You will also have the opportunity to visit and work with the London, Paris and Stockholm based teams. The role includes (but is not limited to):
- Generate ideas, pitch and execute financial markets products.
- Support activities by analysing opportunities, producing research and market analysis.
- Provide market commentary for internal and external distribution
- Support client initiatives.
- Develop presentations for use by team.
- Confident verbal communication and networking skills with the ability to influence.
- Methodical, logical, systematic, pro-active and solution-driven approach.
- Great multitasking and time management skills.
- Team player
- Keen interest and basic understanding in Financial Markets
Technical skills and qualifications
- Excellent academic background, minimum BSc.
- Strong mathematical, analytical & quantitative skills are advantageous.
- Proficient with MS Office tools, including Excel (any additional computer skills/coding are an advantage)
- Excellent spoken and written English and fluency in at least one Nordic language.
Important information and deadlines
Program duration: 2 Years
Position start date: August 2024 or before
How to apply?
We are open for applications and will conduct interviews on a rolling basis. Please apply with:
- Cover letter
- Academic transcripts and references, if applicable
As the Bank for a changing world, we truly believe that promoting diversity makes it better.
It helps us as well to better serve our customers and communities from every background. As a global bank we want to welcome and retain all talents. Empower them to prosper in an inclusive workplace, regardless of gender identity, age, origin, beliefs or sexual orientation, and irrespective of whether or not they are living with a disability, as each of them have their own experience and identity.
Join us and bring your full self to work!