Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. We believe we should each find meaning in our work and we ensure employees have the freedom and the reach to help make a difference in the world.
We are looking for candidates that have the following qualities:
- Team Player: driving digital transformation with our customers is a team sport. We need teammates who can stay focused on our customers’ satisfaction while operating in a highly-collaborative and global organization.
- Growth Mindset: your life is truly about learning-it-all. You approach every new piece of information, knowledge, and competency with curiosity. Ultimately, you’re open to the ideas of others, where the success of others does not diminish your own.
- Customer Obsessed: you learn about your customers and their businesses with a beginner’s mind and then bring solutions that meet their needs.
- Diverse & Inclusive: You don’t just value differences, you seek them out and invite them in.
Applications to these opportunities are considered for all available Technical Consulting roles including the ones described below, depending on education level and/or location. To be considered as a student or recent graduate, you should be within 12 months of graduation or graduated within the last 12 months.
Roles will be due to start in September 2021.
Customer Success Account Manager
Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of Microsoft Cloud solutions and support offerings. To this end, Microsoft invests in a dedicated Customer Success team that will help Microsoft customers successfully realize their business outcomes.
As a Customer Success Account Manager (CSAM), you are the primary customer facing role responsible for customer success through the management of program deliveries and strong customer relationships. The prevailing business priority is the customers’ successful adoption and productive use of Microsoft cloud technologies. You are front and center with our customers supporting their digital journey and empowering them to achieve more!
Customer Success Account Managers drive quality planning and delivery of Support services to realize customer business outcomes and overall experience with Microsoft solutions. You will partner with your customer and Account Team to prioritize and plan customer engagements and programs, driving outcomes to improve the health, performance, and business capabilities of the prioritized workloads. You will drive orchestration, customer sponsor management, and stakeholder communication of prioritized engagements and programs. The CSAM also tracks, escalates, and plans for the remediation of technical blockers and provides engineering feedback to further our product and solutions, as appropriate.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, analytical problem solving, and leadership capability
- Demonstrated self-learner, seeks information about the underlying needs of customers, and builds customer/partner relationships
- Seeks opportunities to drive Microsoft Services business results by collaborating with multiple team members
- Product and technology expertise – A passion for technology and working with customers
- Need to be willing to travel 50-90% due to customer requirements for onsite service. Travel may be reduced due to local or national public health and safety standards.
Technical Specialists (TS) drive the technical motions within sales driving specific solution area revenue and market share. Based on the tremendous opportunity of digital transformation across every individual and organization, we focus our broad portfolio of assets and go-to-market efforts across four key solution areas:
- Modern Workplace
- Business Applications
- Apps & Infrastructure
- Data & AI.
As a TS, you work alongside Business Development and Solutions Architect teams who source, generate and qualify opportunities within the sales lifecycle. TSs enable, manage, and implement, cutting edge and legacy technologies in large enterprises
Partner Technology Strategist
Partner Technology Strategist (PTS) is at the forefront of our digital transformation efforts for our partners. The PTS plays a critical role in working with partners to align their technology roadmaps with Microsoft’s technology priorities, working with them to build new solutions that enable customers to realize the vision of Digital Transformation. The PTS is a Credible Technical Advisor to Partners C-Suite technical and practice management executives sharing a compelling technical vision leading to Partners committing to building new practices based on Microsoft’s technologies. PTSs align partners technology roadmaps with Microsoft’s technology priorities and ensure the partner is ready to bring new solutions to market that drive significant growth in partner and Microsoft revenues.
The PTS Is a strategist yet stands out because of their Insights, Big Ideas, helps identify new market opportunities for partners on advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Open Source, Blockchain, Security & Compliance, Power Platform, GDPR and IOT that drives consumption for Microsoft Cloud Platforms.
The PTS works in partnership with the Partner Development Manager (PDM) through the `Build-With’ stages of the Partner Life-cycle engaging with Services Partners that constitute System Integrators, Advisory and Consulting partners, Managed Services Providers, Licensing Sales partners.
- Be a Trusted Technical Advisor to partner and drive strong partner preference on Microsoft platform and mutual success.
- Drive Partner Transformation by developing a strong Technical Development Plan that is duly agreed by Microsoft and partner stakeholders.
- Accelerate technical skilling capability to Future Proof the sustainable business growth of Microsoft solutions through partners.
- Transform Partner Solutions & Services portfolio across Microsoft Cloud offerings and advanced workloads (EPP) to accelerate the digital transformation of end customers.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business Informatics, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, ICT or similar
- On track to graduate in 2021 from full-time Bachelor or Master program or graduated in 2020
- Passion for technology and working with customers
- Ability to manage executive relationships, both internally and with customers, to create business transformation
- Excellent communication skills and superior customer-service skills desired
- Ability to work independently with minimal management supervision and as part of regional/virtual teams
- Microsoft Product Certification, MCSE or other technical certifications preferred