UNIQLO is a brand of the Fast Retailing Group, the fastest growing in Europe amongst the top 3 apparel giants. In the context of our success story, we are looking for graduates to be our future leaders.
We know how to grow people fast to expand their horizons!
Last year, across the 27 countries in which we operate around the world, over 800 recent graduates joined our 12-month graduate programme called “UNIQLO Management Candidate programme” or UMC. In Europe, we have opportunities in France, UK, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, Sweden, Denmark, Spain, and Italy, and you can choose which one(s) suit(s) you best.
The goal of the programme is to equip you with all the business, people, and practical retail skills for you to profitably manage a multi-million-euro store. From there on, your career opportunities will be as diverse as your own aspirations, hard work, and abilities. In Europe, many of our former UMCs have leveraged their experience of store operations to take on leadership responsibilities towards sustainability, in-store marketing, omni-channel, flagship stores, HR, and more.
What will you be doing during the programme?
- Month 1 to 3: Customer Advisor
Wear your sneakers and be ready for action!
You learn, first-hand, how to maintain shop-floor standards, handle deliveries and work alongside a diverse team with the shared mission to offer a unique shopping experience to our customers.
- Month 4 to 6: Supervisor
Now that you know what it takes to appeal to customers, you are ready for some managerial responsibility. You supervise and manage the performance of a small team and an area of the shop-floor.
- Month 7 to 12: Assistant Manager
Building on your hands-on experience of the shop-floor, it is time for you to take on mind-stretching business challenges. You are responsible for maximizing sales and profit, buying inventory for the store, strategically creating store layout, and managing your team.
Your success matters, so…
Throughout the 12-month UMC programme, you will receive professional training at our head offices on topics ranging from buying and managing stock to P&L, people management, store layout, business leadership, and more.
Your store manager and trainers will monitor your individual performance through weekly evaluation and feedback sessions. You will gain exposure to senior leadership and get the opportunities to share your ideas of how to further accelerate our business and drive positive change in local communities during store walk-throughs, country company meeting, and company conventions.
Who are the successful UMC applicants?
- They have the right to work on a full-time basis in Sweden or Denmark. We do not sponsor work visa
- They speak one of the Scandinavian languages (B2 level as a minimum) as well as English fluently
- They hold or are about to obtain a bachelor or master in various disciplines
- They can start their permanent employment with us from the end-February in Sweden or end-August in Sweden or Denmark
- They are flexible to work at weekends and across various shifts
- They have a sincere passion for bringing satisfaction to customers
- They care for all people and therefore winning as one team
- They are determined to achieve the best in whatever they do
What are we offering?
- Permanent contract
- Competitive compensation package including guaranteed bonus for 12 months and profit share scheme
- Paid annual leave (number of days varies based on local legislation)
- Paid time off to volunteer for a good cause
- 30% employee discount
- Structured training and evaluation system to ensure you do not stop developing
- A highly diverse and inclusive team environment where all have a chance to demonstrate what they are capable of, regardless of age, race, gender, sexual orientation, disabilities, or background
How to join us?
- Step 1: Complete the online application
- Step 2: Attend a company presentation webinar
- Step 3: Participate in a virtual group assessment
- Step 4: Complete a numerical and online personality assessment
- Step 5: Attend the individual interview with a Store Operations Senior Leader and a HR Manager
- Step 6: Shine in the final interview with the country’s Chief Operating Officer and HR Leaders
For everyone’s safety, our recruitment process is now fully conducted virtually; therefore, you will need access to a computer with a webcam and secure Wi-Fi network to go through the selection process.
Sign your contract and start your exhilarating journey to become a business leader!