Need some recommendations for books to read during the quarantine? Don’t worry – we got you covered with more than 60 book recommendations from some of the most successful international and Danish tech entrepreneurs.
We have researched the books recommended by the the Danish serial entrepreneur from Nova Founders, Stefan Bruun. We have also gathered a list of books recommended by some of the earliest Uber employees and now some of the most successful people at the company. Enjoy!
Regional General Manager, EMEA
- Act Like A Leader, Think Like A Leader
- Crucial Conversations
- Shoe Dog – Phil Knight
- Grinding It Out (McDonalds founder)
- Brotopia (entertaining read on Silicon Valley’s diversity issues)
Head of Policy
- The Fountainhead – Ayn Rand
- Homo Sapiens
- Niall Ferguson – The Square And The Tower
- Never Split The Difference – Chris Voss
- High Output Management – Andy Grove
- Ray Dalio – Principles
- Ben Horowitz – The Hard Thing About Hard Things
- Originals – Adam Grant
- [Video] Charlie Munger – 1hr lecture
VP of UberEats
- (The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck)
- Homo Sapiens (Second Recommendation!)
- Why Most Small Businesses Don’t Work
- L’alchimiste (The Alchemist) – Paolo Coehlo
- Le Comte de Monte Cristo (The Count of Monte Cristo)
- Eat That Frog
- Agassi’s Autobiography
Regional General Manager, US&Canada
Regional General Manager, LATAM
- The Better Angels of our Nature
- Good to Great
- High Output Management
- Business Adventures
- The Hard thing about Hard things
- Shoe Dog
- Creativity, Inc.
- Why Nations Fail
- How Google works
- The Innovators
- Building Social Business
Regional General Manager, Middle East & Africa
- Predictably Irrational
- The King of Oil
- [Podcast] How I Built This
- Red Notice
- Liar’s poker
- Elon Musk
Stefan Bruun recommended reads:
Philosophy and psychology
- 12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos (Jordan Peterson).
- Meditations (Marcus Aurelius).
- Stillness is the Key (Ryan Holiday).
- The Bhagavad Gita
- The Inner Game of Tennis (Timothy Gallwey).
- Behave: The Biology of Humans at Our Best and Worst (Robert M. Sapolsky).
- Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus (John Gray).
- The Hard Thing About Hard Things: Building a Business When There Are No Easy Answers (Ben Horowitz).
- Building a StoryBrand: Clarify Your Message So Customers Will Listen (Donald Miller).
- The Power Broker: Robert Moses and the Fall of New York (Robert A. Caro).
- The Dictator’s Handbook: Why Bad Behavior is Almost Always Good Politics (Bruce Bueno de Mesquita and Alastair Smith).
- The New Confessions of an Economic Hit Man (John Perkins)
- Stress Test: Reflections on Financial Crises (Timothy Geithner).