Novozymes is the world leader in biological solutions. Together with customers, partners and the global community, we improve industrial performance while preserving the planet’s resources and helping to build better lives.
At Novozymes, we are unique in our dedication to enzymes and microbes and hold holds an estimated 48% share of the global enzyme market. For more than 70 years, our work with these biological problem solvers has made a big difference to our shared world. Improved performance, efficiency, market differentiation and greater sustainability are key to moving your business forward.
As a global market leader in biological solutions, Novozymes is everywhere, delivering natural, sustainable solutions that make a positive contribution to our environment – be it the air we breathe, the water we use or in reducing the waste we produce. In fact, an estimated 5.9 billion people around the globe use products made with our solutions on a weekly basis impacted that Novozymes’ solutions contributed to an estimated saving of 87 million tons CO2 for our customers. From the clothes you wear to the food you eat and the ethanol that powers your car, Novozymes is there. Here are some examples of how Novozymes’ solutions make an impact.
At Novozymes, our sales are divided into five commercial areas:
- Household Care where our enzymes enable manufacturers to produce laundry and cleaning products that offer better performance with reduced environmental impact
- Food & Beverages where our enzymes enable producers to diversify their products ranges and develop products that stay fresh longer
- Bioenergy where our new yeast products maximize the efficiency of ethanol plants.
- Agriculture & Feed where our solutions improve yields in farming and enhance the digestibility and nutritional value of animal feed
- Technical & Pharma where our solutions improve processes across industries such as textiles, leather, wastewater, forest and pharma
Our sales of close to DKK 15 billion were approximately divided with 1/3 in Household Care, 1/3 in Food & Beverages, and 1/3 in Bioenergy and Agriculture & Feed combined. Novozymes’ business is about turning science into sustainable biological solutions with a business model which enables us to cater to many different industries and leverage multiple macrotrends i.e. Transition to sustainable agriculture, Energy transition, Shifting demographics and urbanization and Water scarcity.
Our business is defined and driven by innovation coming out of Research and Development team and we annually invest 10-15% of our sales into new products, which makes us accountable for 2/3 of global research within the enzymes and microbes’ space. Of our 6,200 employees more than 1,500 work directly with R&D securing our future business while our sales team secures a global presence of our solutions by serving more than 140 countries.
Be part of a company that drive the green transformation and put natural solution on the agenda – Let’s rethink tomorrow.
- Industry: Pharmaceutical
- Company size: 3000-10000
- Graduate program: Yes
- Intern program: Yes