Graduate Programme Facts
Our take on the Lidl Graduate Programme
Lidl has seen an impressive development since its humble beginnings in 1973 with a single store in Ludwigshafen in the southern part of Germany. The company has established itself in Denmark and is acquiring market shares and expanding with more shops.
Germany has a long history with using developing schemes for graduates and many larger German companies have today a graduate programme. The case is the same with Lidl that has made a well-developed programme, The Lidl International Graduate Programme. The company make sure you are introduced properly to the business and quickly develop a business acumen. The international rotation in the German headquarter is a nice touch, which will bring you closer to the strategic decisions, gather a deeper understanding and extent your network.
Finally, the graduate program offers good list of employer perks, including a car (only if you are part of the sales programme). In addition the company is planning to relocate to Aarhus in a newly-build, modern headquarter in 2023.
Graduate Programme Benefits
- Unique career opportunities
- A strong team spirit and network with Lidl Graduates from up to 32 Lidl countries
- Mentoring scheme and individualized career path
- Option for health care scheme
- Discount scheme with several providers of travel, shopping, culture, fitness, etc.
- Competitive salary package incl. Pension
- Company car in the BMW 1 Series throughout the programme (only applicable for sales programme)
- Language teaching
- Mentorship and Coaching
Stories from the Inside
Meet their people
- Former Lidl graduate Christian – 5 Insights on Supermarket Juggernaut Lidl’s Graduate Programme
- Hear from Steffen, Lidl Supply Chain Graduate Enjoying lots of Responsibility
Actual Graduate Progressions:
International Graduate – Marketing -> Project and Campaign Manager in Marketing
International Graduate – HR -> Project Manager, HR Development & Engagement
- "Strong and well-developed programme"
- "Tracks within most professional disciplines"
- "You learn German"
LIDL Graduate Programme
German retailer with more than 133 stores in Denmark
- Rank: 26
- Company size: 1001-5000
- Global: Yes
- Graduate programme: Yes
- Intern programme: Yes