Energinet.dk’s tasks are to:
- maintain the overall short-term and long-term security of electricity and gas supply
- develop the main Danish electricity and gas transmission infrastructure
- create objective and transparent conditions for competition on the energy markets and monitor that competition works
- carry out coherent and holistic planning, taking account of future transmission capacity requirements and long-term security of supply
- support eco-friendly power generation and the development and demonstration of green energy production technologies
- calculate the environmental impact of the energy system as a whole.
Energinet.dk owns the energy motorways
Energinet.dk owns the natural gas transmission system and the 400 kV, 150 kV and 132 kV electricity transmission system and is the co-owner of the electrical interconnections to Norway, Sweden and Germany.
We own the natural gas storage facility at Lille Torup in northern Jutland and the natural gas storage facility at Stenlille in Zealand.
Energinet.dk is an independent public enterprise
Energinet.dk is an independent public enterprise owned by the Danish state as represented by the Ministry of Energy, Utilities and Climate. It has its own Supervisory Board.
The enterprise was established by virtue of the Danish Act on Energinet Danmark of December 2004.
See an overview of the Energinet.dk Group here.
Energinet.dk’s finances must balance
Most of Energinet.dk’s revenue comes from tariffs approved by the Danish Energy Regulatory Authority.
The financial regulation of the enterprise is laid down in an executive order of July 2005.
Energinet.dk is the result of a merger between Eltra, Elkraft System, Elkraft Transmission and Gastra.
The merger took place on 24 August 2005 with retrospective effect from 1 January 2005.
Energinet.dk is the Danish national transmission system operator for electricity and natural gas. It is an independent public enterprise owned by the Danish state under the Ministry of Climate and Energy.
- Rank: 6
- Company size: 1000
- Global: No
- Graduate programme: Yes
- Intern programme: No